Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Massachusetts State House


Famous For: its 23k gold dome

To Do: take the free guided tour & see The Great Hall

So why was the dome covered with gold? At first I thought it was to imitate a Muslim’s temple or maybe that’s just the way government show off. But upon my research I realize that at first the dome was made out of wood then it started leaking so Paul Revere (this man is everywhere in the history!) covered it with copper. Guess that didn’t work or something so they finally tried gold.

24 Beacon Street

Boston, MA 02133

(617) 727-3676

www.state.ma.us/sec/trs

Open Mon - Fri 10 - 4

Subway Stop: Red line's Park Street

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love this photo. Building has a great design, although I think copper looks more pleasant than gold in this case.

Unknown said...

hi,

Very nice to visit your blog and found very interesting. I also have a sites www.bostonbridgebusinessbrokers.com ,which is business brokerage and mergers & acquisitions advisory firm based in Cambridge, Mass. We specialize in internet business transactions - buying/selling web property.

Thank you

Eric Melin